Hello again blog world!
As you know, Christmas is just around the corner! Yaaaay!
*Starts singing Christmas songs*
Okay, Lucy, back to the bloody point…
Today I wanted to share with you 3 easy Christmas treat ideas!:)
- 1 cup (220g) sugar
- ½ cup (110g) brown sugar
- 125g butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup (75g) plain flour
- 1 cup (100g) Cocoa, sifted
- 6 crushed candy canes
- ½ cup (95g) dark choc bits
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan forced. Line 14 holes from two 12-hole muffin pans with paper cases.
- In a large bowl, combine sugars and butter. Add vanilla and eggs then mix thoroughly. Fold in flour and cocoa and mix until just combined. Stir in half of the crushed candy canes and dark choc bits.
- Spoon mixture evenly among prepared muffin cases. Bake for 15 minutes then top with remaining candy canes. Bake for a further 5 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centres comes out clean. Leave to cool in pan.
CHOCOLATE CHRISTMAS COOKIES
- butter, softened
- 1/3 cup (75g) brown sugar
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 cups (300g) plain flour
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp baking cocoa
- 1 ready made small piping bag
- 1 1/3 cups (200g) white melts, melted
- ribbon, to decorate
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan forced. Grease and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Add golden syrup. Beat until well combined.
- Stir in sifted flour, cinnamon and baking cocoa. Mix until just combined. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead lightly until smooth. Cover and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to rest.
- Using a lightly floured rolling pin, roll out dough until 4mm thick. Using an 8 cm star or Christmas tree shaped biscuit cutter, cut shapes from the dough. Place on prepared trays. Then using a 4 cm star shaped biscuit cutter, cut a smaller shape from the centre of each star biscuit.
- Use a drinking straw to cut a small hole in the top corner of each biscuit. Continue cutting biscuits from the dough, re-rolling as necessary. Bake for 12 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Spoon white melts into a piping bag. Drizzle onto biscuits. Allow to set. Thread ribbon through the hole in each biscuit and secure with a knot.
CANDY CANE BARK
- 3 candy canes
- 375g melted chocolate of your choice
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Place candy canes in a snap-lock bag. Squeeze bag to remove excess air. Place on a hard surface then hit with a rolling pin until candy canes are just crushed.
- Spread melted chocolate onto prepared tray until about 2mm thick. Sprinkle with crushed candy canes. Set aside for 20 minutes or until set. Break into pieces.
And there you have it! 3 easy Christmas treat recipes!
I hope you have found this helpful and you try these out for yourself!
Have a very merry Christmas and a happy and safe new year!